Health and safety orientation is a vital component of G.O.A.L.S Health and Safety management system. It is the process of introducing new, inexperienced, transferred and returning employees to a safe and healthy workplace.
Our HSE Orientation provides employees with necessary safety information about their job and tasks, informs them of specific details about workplace hazards and provides an opportunity to learn about the company and their colleagues, ask questions and to clarify new or confusing information.
At G.O.A.L.S, we provide new employees with orientation before they begin work at the workplace as well as job-specific training. Also, older employees are not left out.
THE BENEFITS OF OUR ORIENTATION WEEK
The benefits of providing new employees with a comprehensive orientation are numerous:
• Employees become aware of the health and safety hazards on the job, controls for these hazards and how they can affect their safety and the safety of others.
• Helps reduce the risk of potential injuries and accidents.
• Meets legislative requirements (demonstrates due diligence).
• Helps balance the G.O.A.L.S need for productivity with the employee’s need for safety and security.
• Increases efficiency of the new employee.
• Contributes to building a retention culture within the organization, thereby reducing turnover.
• Demonstrates the G.O.A.L.S moral obligation to protect the employee from harm.